Thursday, October 12, 2017

Autumn Greetings

I have been making cards with a fall theme this week.
This one is my favorite.

I first stamped a white 4 x 5 1/4 in. card with the ink splat stamp using rich coral, pineapple smoothie, orange rave, and oatmeal cookie(all FSJ inks).

Then I ran the card through the Amaze machine with the Fall Text embossing folder( a Bloom Benefit, free with a $100 order). Then I used a hard sponge and hazelnut blend ink to rub lightly over the embossing and bring out the words.

I used scraps of paper from my stash, Versamark ink, and the Hello Fall stamps and dies to make the leaves.

I used an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of kraft card stock for the base and glued down the front piece.

Lastly I stamped the sentiment from the Hello Fall set, punched it out with FSJ 2" scalloped oval, sponged the edges with that same hazlenut blend inked sponge, mounted it with small foam squares, and put journey glaze over the whole tag.


I love the way the ink spot stamp looks like leaves in the background.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Why thank you, Sandy! I will bring the stamps and inks to Sis this week for our "leaves" theme.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. It helps to know it is not just me reading my posts. Let me know if you have a blog I can check out as well.